GUM! The 101 on removing it from hair and clothing
6 easy steps
Today the inevitable happened. My daughter managed to drop her gum into her hair. We were in the car on the way home and there was no way for me to do anything about it until we got back to the house. I asked her to be careful not to tangle more hair into the mess. I also reached out and ‘phoned a friend… Siri…
Siri was able to send me links to some information on what helps to remove the gum.
As it turns out peanut butter is not just a silly idea. The oils in the peanut butter coat the strands of hair and the other properties of the peanut break down the gum.
* 1. Put the scissors down!
* 2. Tie back any unaffected hair to keep it out of the way.
* 3. Using a toothbrush to brush peanut butter through the hair, gently pulling through in a downward motion.
* 4. As everything is coated and sitting you can begin to pick out the larger pieces of gum.
* 5. Once the large bits are remove you can brush more peanut butter through the hair to remove all the smaller pieces.
* 6. Wash out the peanut butter.
Start to finish this took us less than two minutes. I was actually surprised at how easy it was.
If it is stuck on clothing, you can place the article in the freezer, once hardened you can ‘chip away’ the gum.
I hope this bit of advice helps you in someway in the future!