Education for pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
- Kooshlie Care Childbirth– private, groups and a faith-based option
- Homegrown Babies– Asheville, multiple group options
- Trillium Learning Center– Brevard
- Luminous Postpartum – Postpartum and breastfeeding classes
Lactation and Breastfeeding Support
- Jen Chandlee – In-home breastfeeding education and support and classes, 828-989-9821
- MAHEC Breastfeeding Clinic– 828-771-5500
- Mission Breastfeeding Boutique – 828-213-1103
- Jessica Greene– Birth, Postpartum and Education
- Ginny & Kelly with Trillium Learning Center- Transylvania and Henderson Counties
- Kim Nowokunki– UpState SC, Henderson and Transylvania county.
New Mom Support Groups
- Mother With Courage- At Homegrown Babies Monday’s, 11-12:30
- Moving Mama’s Wednesdays Spring-Summer, 9-10 am Fall Winter 11-12.
Perinatal loss support groups/bereaved families support groups
- Mission Hospital
- Homegrown Families Perinatal Bereavement Parent Support Group – meets on the 4th Monday of each month 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Postpartum Mood and Anxiety Disorders
Social Service Options
- Buncombe County Department of Social Services – To sign up for pregnancy Medicaid, 828-250-5795.
- WIC- Nutrition, food and breastfeeding support