The postpartum period can be an overwhelming and challenging time for new parents. While the focus is often on preparing for the birth, many people forget to plan for the weeks and months that follow.
This is where postpartum doulas can be incredibly helpful. In this blog post, we will explore what postpartum doulas are, what they do, and why you should consider hiring one.
How I Define Community
To me, community includes a variety of people who generally do life together. They live near one another, work together, and gather together. Community can be as small as the people in your personal circle or as vast as anyone you encounter. To take it even further, what makes a community strong and genuine is when we build up and support each other no matter individual beliefs, backgrounds, faiths, or family dynamics. Surrounding yourself with only like-minded people can put you in an echo chamber that limits your ability to grow and learn as a person. A genuine community does not exile those with different values or ways of thinking or living, but rather embraces how they work together for the betterment of everyone.
Asheville, North Carolina, is a great place to raise a family. There’s so much to love about the area for parents and kids, including:
- Natural Beauty: Asheville is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, providing numerous opportunities for outdoor recreation and exploration. The city is surrounded by forests, parks, and scenic overlooks, offering families a chance to connect with nature and enjoy the great outdoors.
- Thriving Arts Scene: Asheville is home to a thriving arts scene, with numerous galleries, museums, and performance spaces. The city is also home to the River Arts District, a vibrant neighborhood filled with artists' studios, galleries, and restaurants.
- Quality Education: Asheville is served by a high-quality public school system, as well as several private and charter schools. The city is also home to several colleges and universities, offering families a range of educational options.
- Family-Friendly Activities: Asheville offers a wide range of family-friendly activities, including festivals, events, and attractions. From the Western North Carolina Nature Center to the North Carolina Arboretum, there is something for families of all ages to enjoy.
- Healthy Lifestyle: Asheville is known for its commitment to wellness and healthy living. The city offers numerous opportunities for fitness and recreation, including hiking, biking, and yoga studios. Additionally, Asheville is home to a vibrant local food scene, with numerous farm-to-table restaurants and food co-ops.
One of the advantages of living near Asheville is the opportunity to take advantage of the services of professional doulas. Here’s what you need to know about when and how to choose a doula in Asheville.
I am going to share a story with you about a situation that I ‘suffered’ through for OVER a year.
In my classes you will hear me talk about using your *B.R.A.I.N.S for making informed choices when it comes to birth and parenting your children, the “S” is something that I have added over the years. It stands for Second Opinion, and it is super important.